Objectives of the city youth policy are to contribute to the social coming-to-be of the young citizens and to their further adaptation to an independent living, to allow talented youth to express their potential in all the possible spheres of the city life and to improve youth culture.
Youth policy: some activities and results of 2015.
Today role of young people in the society is significantly increasing: pace and nature of social development highly depend on young people. Therefore, new priorities appear in implementation of the city youth policy and the special focus is on creation of effective mechanisms for youth involvement into constructive activities of the society.
Since 2014 "Youth policy of Petrozavodsk urban district for 2014-2016" city program has been realizing in Petrozavodsk. The purpose of the program is creating conditions for self-realization of young people and their involvement into socio-economic development of Petrozavodsk.
* Patriotic and spiritual and moral education.
One of the most important areas of the program is patriotic and spiritual and moral education of youth. A lot of activities were dedicated to the 70th Anniversary of the Great Victory in the Second World War in 2015.
- More than 5,000 young people participated in the Youth March on May 9.
- Many people took part in the action called “Immortal regiment” telling about their grand-parents participating in the Great Patriotic War.
* Employment and leisure.
A number of activities should be mentioned:
- 4 start-forums "Youth in Town" in the period from March to May 2015 which was attended by 200 representatives of educational organizations, students of technical schools and colleges and universities, youth clubs’ pupils, youth members of the initiative groups and representatives of public associations;
- A part of the August pedagogical conference was the 5th start-forum, which brought together young teachers of secondary schools and institutions of additional education.
- An “Open streets” event was organized for the first time in the framework of the European mobility week on September 20. Two streets were blocked for motor vehicles and citizens had a chance to take part in the “Morning exercises with a champion” action, in the various competitions and master classes, attend lectures, and even take part in the quest. More than 80 organizations participated in the preparation of the events. The culmination of the “Open streets” became a “Veloday (cycle-day) in Disco style” action: more than 1,500 cyclists in colorful costumes rode past the center of Petrozavodsk.
- "Extreme Side" extreme sports festival - this year this festival was held in the framework of the European mobility week. More than 300 people participated in competitions and master classes, more than 3,000 visitors attended the event. Some new platforms such as Thai Boxing, Long Board, and slack line (walk on ropes); Bunny hop (jumping competition height-rabbit style) appeared. A Velo (cycle) Night action was attended by 500 people.
* Prevention of negative developments.
- Psychologists of the city Leisure social center “Podrostok” (Teenager) carried out more than 100 consultations, as well as a number of activities aimed at popularization of blood and bone marrow donation among young people.
- A number of activities were organized in the framework of the City inter-departmental Commission for the Counteraction of Narcotics and Psychotropic Substances’ abuse and its Illegal Trafficking.
* Support of students’ self-governance, advisory and consultative youth bodies and youth subcultures.
- Petrozavodsk mayor awarded the best Petrozavodsk students - the ceremony was dedicated to the Student Day in January 2015.
- Series of events in the framework of the “Subculture” project: “Rap Life” festival, “Polosa otvoda” (Right of Way) graffiti festival, “KVN” (Club of the Merry and Inventive) school.
* Cooperation with NGOs.
- NGOs’ participation in the Youth forums’ organisation seminar.
- Contest of social initiatives in the sphere of youth policy: 17 project ideas supported from the city budget.
- Members of different NGOs take part in the activities of different city commissions and councils on the regular basis.
* Work with young families.
- “Touching of Love” young families’ ball became a good tradition. Every year more and more young families participate in the event.
- The psychological service of the Leisure social center “Podrostok” (Teenager) carried out more than 15 consultations of young families.
- 4 clubs for young families work on the basis of youth clubs.
- “A family town” section was organized in the Second International youth forum "In Town".
- information about different youth activities is available on the “Youth Centre” and the Leisure social center “Podrostok” (Teenager) websites as well as on the official website of Petrozavodsk City Administration in the “Youth policy” section.
- A public page in Vkontakte social net was created; it contains the latest information about youth events. More than 7,100 people subscribed.
- A youth press center concept is under development.
* Inter-ethnic relations and International cooperation.
- A competition of national ceremonies.
- A national cuisine contest “World in your plate”.
- A Russian-German exchange project “Without a dictionary”.
- More than 300 experts and participants from cities of Russia and Estonia, Poland, Belarus, Armenia, Finland and Japan took part the Second international youth forum "In Town". One of the forum ideas was to turn our city into the center of international youth cooperation. Currently a youth initiative group is working on the concept of the international youth center in Petrozavodsk, the main task of which will be development of dialogue between youth in different countries and implementation of international projects and exchange programs.
* Organization of children and young people’s leisure and employment during the school holiday time.
- 2 special programs "Exceptionally effective Holidays" and "Summer on the Asphalt" were implemented by “Podrostok” (Teenager) Leisure social center.
- “Your choice” special camp was held during the autumn holidays in “Derevnya (Village) Aleksandrovka” place. Its aim was promoting of healthy lifestyle and leisure active forms and prevention of negative developments in the youth environment.
Information about The Third international youth forum “In the city” is attached below.
City Administration Department on Physical Culture, Sports anf Youth Politics +7 (8142) 71 36 13